Tuesday, May 24, 2005

The Magic Number 3

Has anyone else ever noticed that everything bad in life seems to happen in threes? A few co-workers and I were discussing this phenomenon earlier. I work at an assisted living care center, and we are going through a wave of people dying. And they always die in threes. When we have two people die within one week of each other, there is always speculation of who will go next. Is that morbid? I have been analyzing this for a while now. Natural disasters always seem to happen in threes. Unfortunate accidents, tests in school, companies in the same area going out of business, family crisis, etc..... I was wondering if there is some kind scientific explanation, if it is superstition, or if it is some result from a deep seeded psychological belief. Hmmmmm. Maybe I should contact a numerologist somewhere. Is there such a thing? I just finished the Da Vinci Code and that introduced me to the profession of a Symbologist. I guess anything is possible right? :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Heidi said...

I just read the Da Vinci Code too! I loved it. Mostly. I don't know if there is a numerologist. And as for your first entry, what's done is done and you just have to move on from there. I don't know why we always have to feel in control of situations instead of letting things play out. I'm sure it'll all work out.

5/25/2005 8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home