Wednesday, May 25, 2005

My American Idol Gripe

Can someone please explain the concept of American Idol to me? Don't get me wrong.... I think it is kind of nifty that there is one television show out there that appeals to the masses. Heck, my mom watches it. I didn't think my mother was capable of watching shows that didn't either have Dick Van Dyke or Billy Ray Cyrus in them. I think she might have a fetish for men who go by three names. Anyway, people endure intense humiliation in the auditions. The lucky ones who don't get made fun of in the beginning, go on to have people telling them what to wear, what to sing, and how to act, in order to be a *STAR*. And, if they get kicked off in the middle to late stages, they have to deal with the fact that it wasn't just three people who think they suck, it is all of America. I understand that part of the show. It is basically the human drive for fame and fortune. People can take embarrassment. Why else would there be Fear Factor? What I don't get is the voting process. I thought that a person could only call in and vote once. As I recently found out, you can call AS MANY TIMES AS YOU WANT!!!! This makes no sense to me at all!!! It is like voting for a politician, and being able to go back to the poll and vote again and again for the same person, or heck, pick someone else. The season finale was on tonight. I hate to admit it, but I watched it. I forwent watching my two favorite shows (Lost and Alias) to try and figure out what all the fuss was about. Thanks the heavens above for TiVo........... I did discover something in that two hour span of time. Ryan Seacrest is such a tease!:) How many commercial breaks does one show need to have? Although, after watching, I guess now I can kind of see why people like it. Maybe I just liked seeing BabyFace, Kenny G, and Lynard Skynard (among others) on the same stage. I don't know. I still think the voting system should change.

1 Comments:

Blogger American Girl said...

I totally agree about the voting thing. Is it really America's choice if one American is voting like 2,000 times? I guess we just hope that people will be fair.

5/26/2005 7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home