Thursday, May 26, 2005

Old Ladies And Their Bingo

What is the obsession that ladies over the age of 70 have with BINGO? I do activities at an assisted living care center, and we have to schedule bingo at least three times a week. And, let me tell you, it can sure get vicious. One of the main prizes that we give out is toilet paper. We can barely keep it in stock! And, the numbers have to be called a certain way, or the caller gets yelled at. The caller has to yell the numbers really loud and repeat them a couple times in order for everyone to hear them. Even then, questions get asked quite frequently. It is actually kind of fun to put our first time volunteers on bingo calling duty to see if they can hack it:). Anyway.... every couple months, we have a family bingo tournament when my resident's kids, grandkids, great-grandkids, etc.... come in and play. This was the case tonight. We give away nicer prizes than toilet paper, but we still had a few people ask if they could have some:). Don't get me wrong, I have the best job in the world. I mean, not everyone gets paid to sit around and play bingo. But, sometimes, I just want to take those bingo cards and chips and have a massive bonfire. It would be great! I could do some kind of tribal dance that signifies the end of war, because inevitably, that is what all bingo games turn into. Then again, good can come of this game. My parents won three thousand dollars playing it on a cruise ship. They then proceeded to take that money and take the kids to Disneyland. And then there is...... um....... I am sure that there are other positive things about this game. If I think of any, I will surely let you know!

1 Comments:

Blogger Heidi said...

And BINGO was his name-o! That was funny last night.

5/27/2005 9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home