Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Infomercials

Why is it that stuff on TV looks so much cooler at 2 in the morning? The other night, I was having the hardest time sleeping, so I turned on the television. Big mistake. The first thing I saw was one of those Bullet Chopper things. It was all I could do to not call in and order it. I mean, everyone needs a little 8 ounce jar that you can throw little tomatoes and peppers in to make salsa!!! How did I ever live without this machine? I gathered all my will and changed the channel only to discover another infomercial. This one was Jessica Simpson trying to get people to buy Proactiv Solution. Not my cup of tea, so I changed it again. This time I hit the jackpot. One of the oldest infomercials that I have seen. It is that guy who tries to sell every kitchen appliance known to man. The one who wears the same apron no matter what product he is trying to push... it says RONCO really big on the front. This particular time, he was trying to reach into my subconscious to get me to buy one of those rotisseries. I don't even eat red meat, and yet I wanted one of those so badly! By this time, I start to get a little drowsy, but I can't sleep! I must fight the desire to shut my eyes!!!! In the end, sleep overcame me, and Mr. Ronco lost out on a sale. Pity.

1 Comments:

Blogger Heidi said...

I know what you mean. We just bought one of those Core Secrets balls and videos off the tv. But it was all for only $9.99! How could we resist?

BTW: How's your mom?

6/01/2005 1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home