Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Music Snob

Someone the other day called me a music snob. I am not sure how to take that. Is it a good thing? This comment stemmed from a conversation I had with a co-worker. She was trying to tell me about the titles of the cd's of one of my favorite artists. She kept telling me that their most recent cd was their first one. I kept trying to tell her that it wasn't, it was their 4th, but she wouldn't listen. Finally, I conceded. This prompted another co-worker to say that I was a music snob. It got me to thinking. What makes a music snob? I have a lot of favorite bands and enjoy many different genres of music. I really like the current British bands. But, they don't seem to be as popular here. Take Robbie Williams for instance. He is one of the largest selling artists in the entire world. But, most people I know have never heard of him, until I enlighten them.... I have to order most of his cd's online. I really think I was born in the wrong country!:) I also really like 80's music. I don't know what it is, but everytime I hear something from the 80's, I just have to smile! I also really like the random bands like They Might Be Giants, Violent Femmes, Barenaked Ladies, and let's throw Jason Mraz in there for good measure. I also LOVE going to concerts. I don't care (mostly) who is playing. I don't even mind paying ridiculous amounts of money for tickets. I think they are the best form of entertainment out there. Sadly, we don't get a whole lot of concerts coming through Salt Lake. Things are getting better though. I await the day, however, that I don't have to go to Denver or Vegas to see the shows that I really want to see.

3 Comments:

Blogger Heidi said...

I would think a music snob is someone who likes their particular music and won't listen to anything else because it might bring them down to the level of the masses:) But most of the stuff you listen to is fairly popular. I don't think anybody has the right to say somebody else is a music snob. We all listen to what we like, whatever it is - whether popular or obscure. That doesn't make you a snob.

6/08/2005 1:16 PM  
Blogger frogkisser said...

Thank you:). I don't want to be a snob. There are certain things that I won't listen to though....

6/08/2005 1:19 PM  
Blogger Heidi said...

Don't worry, we all feel that way.

6/08/2005 1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home