Tuesday, March 28, 2006

So Hard To Say Goodbye

I know that this line could come from so many songs, but it is the fadeout line on the one I am thinking of.
I want to vent a little here. The past couple weeks have been pretty darn awful. So many things have just been simmering for a while and finally came up. I guess I just don't handle my emotions correctly. But, I am not the one who is always in the wrong. That is something I also need to learn.
Aside from that, there are a couple other things that just have been bugging me. My work decided to cancel it's medical insurance for their full time employees. They keep saying that they will find another carrier, but the expiration date is looming over the horizon. I don't have the confidence that my company with find something else before Friday, and knowing my luck, I will get in a car accident on Saturday. I don't really think that they will ever find something, which means that I get to find a new job. This is a pretty daunting task. I have been with this job for about a fourth of my life, and finding something new is a little unnerving. But, I don't think the insurance is the only reason. It is getting harder and harder for me to come to work. I love my job, but I feel so unappreciated lately. My job is also getting a lot harder. Different residents have different needs, and some of them are just more demanding than others. It seems that we have more people who need more stuff right now, and I am the one who has to provide it. I am taking people to the doctor like crazy, and I hate it. Also, my promotion is not certain anymore because we got a new director. Also, the person whose job I was supposed to take isn't moving as fast as one would hope (if you are reading this.... I still love you! I just want your job:)) I don't know what my problem is, I just want to find something different. I think I want to become a phlebotomist. That might be kinda fun. I was also thinking about maybe doing EMT training. I guess we will see what happens.
I have also been moving the past couple weeks. I didn't realize how much stuff I had before, but now, I wish that I could get rid of like 150% of it. I have way too many clothes and shoes. I have a ton of furniture. I also have so much completely useless junk, but stuff that I would feel bad it I threw away because my mom or somebody else gave it to me.
Anyway, my life really isn't bad. I know that. I just want to complain a bit because I have been pretty unhappy as of late. There. I feel better already.

6 Comments:

Blogger Mandy said...

You have auto insurance dont you?? You would be a good phlebotomist. I'll let you practice on me. =) And yeah thats the best time to get rid of stuff is when you move. Youve seen how many times I've moved, thats why my house is empty..(echoo..echoo..echoo)

3/29/2006 6:57 AM  
Blogger Something McSomethingkins said...

I'm a good bleed, and I like needles.

3/29/2006 10:16 AM  
Blogger frogkisser said...

I was hoping that today would be better, but let's just say that I hit my work van on an overhanging bar.
I enjoy good looking EMTs. At my current job, I run into them quite frequently.

3/29/2006 3:58 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

Awwww where did you hit the overhanging bar at? Did you take it out?

3/30/2006 6:12 AM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

I hope that you are leaning more towards the idea of being an EMT. I just don't know how well I could rest knowing that one of my friends might be a vampire.

3/30/2006 2:33 PM  
Blogger Tickled Pink said...

I saw two good looking EMTs on Wednesday at my work. Wow! I was a witness to one of my residents almost dying. He came out of it right when the EMTs got there though. I guess I have a new blog to write about.

3/31/2006 10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home