Friday, January 20, 2006

When Soul Meets Body

So.... I have to work a 13 hour day today, and I have about two hours where I have nothing to do. I have already wasted part of it, but now, I have no other choice than to write this blog. I don't really have much to say, but that is nothing new.
Yesterday I went to donate plasma. That was an adventure. The first time that I was stuck, my vein squirted blood all over the phlebotomist. Good thing she had a mask on. Then, that vein clotted, so the first blood girl had to call over the expert sticker who is in fact pretty good looking. He had to take out the needle, and stick me in the other arm. It still wasn't working and he kept digging the needle in my arm trying to find a vein. He finally realized that the tubing was clogged from the clot that I had and he had to take apart the tubing and squeeze out this huge monster clot. It was kind of gross looking, but really cool. It really didn't hurt that badly, or maybe I just convinced myself that it didn't since I didn't want to look stupid in front of Hottie Needle Man. I might have to clot every time I go in there so I can get more attention from him. It would probably be worth it!
Also, yesterday I had a meeting with my the Executive Director of my work. My boss is leaving, and he offered me her job. Yea! I am sad that she is leaving though. It won't be the same.
I can never figure out how to end these things. I guess I will just leave you with this thought:
Q: Why do blonde nurses bring red markers to work?
A: In case they have to draw blood!
Hahahahahahahahah

6 Comments:

Blogger Aaron said...

Death Cab For Cutie. They have some great stuff. You should also check out the All-American Rejects; they're one of my favorites

1/22/2006 10:04 AM  
Blogger frogkisser said...

I am getting really into Death Cab For Cutie. I will have heard stuff by the All-American Rejects, but I have not ever really sat down and listened. I will have to try that.

1/22/2006 4:36 PM  
Blogger Domestic Goddess said...

I love all american rejects. They are fun.

1/22/2006 10:10 PM  
Blogger Shelley said...

my friend got me hooked on Death Cab...their newest album "plans" is awesome.

1/25/2006 9:43 PM  
Blogger Shelley said...

oh, and i sure hope the "Needle Man" was really hot to make all that worth it...sounds crazy gross :-)

1/25/2006 9:45 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

He really is hot though. He wouldn't let me donate because of the bumps on my tongue. Too bad they weren't caused by making out with him. :) Seriously though, he's gorgeous.

1/25/2006 9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home