Wednesday, December 21, 2005

I guess the winter makes you laugh a little slower, makes you talk a little lower, bout the things you could not show

Ungh. Why am I such a glutton for punishment? I like to think that I have at least a semblance of self-control, but the past few weeks have shown me otherwise. What is it about Christmas that makes things that otherwise would be simple and meaningless so desirable. I, of course, and talking about food. It just seems to be everywhere! I don't even like half the stuff I am eating, but I consume it anyway. At work, we keep getting all these bread baskets and other such items delivered to us by home health agencies. And, of course, they come straight up to my office because I share it with the Care Coordinator. Then we proceed to pick out what we want before we send in down to the other staff:). It isn't just the free food. My friends, family, and co-workers are wanting to eat out more, and I can't turn them down! Today was the worst. I normally eat 1-2 meals a day. I never eat breakfast and I don't always eat lunch. But, today, I ate breakfast, lunch, and then my sister called and wanted to go to Golden Corral. We had a gift certificate that expires on Sunday, so we thought we had better use it. I seriously thought I would die before I was done with my first plate. I went back and got a little more, but after that, I couldn't even comprehend eating more. I couldn't even get dessert! It was a very sad day indeed.

8 Comments:

Blogger Domestic Goddess said...

mmmm food is good. And that would be the counting crows. have a merry christmas. we will have to do something when i get back, although i will only be here for a day and a half, then it is off to california! Oh and you need to start eating breakfast. It is good for you and it starts your metabolism. so eat breakfast!

12/21/2005 10:30 PM  
Blogger frogkisser said...

Drive safely!
Why are you going to Cali?

12/22/2005 9:18 AM  
Blogger Something McSomethingkins said...

sad, schmad.

12/23/2005 4:13 PM  
Blogger Something McSomethingkins said...

Does it make you post a little slower too? You're almost as bad as Clark lately.

12/27/2005 1:01 PM  
Blogger frogkisser said...

Dude! I wrote that less than a week ago. Silly monkey. I will post tonight or tomorrow again.

12/27/2005 3:25 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

I, too, have lost all self-control. I find myself eating everything all the time. I'm consuming food so often it might as well replace oxygen. I can't get enough food. I'm excited for "real life" to start again so I can go on a major diet. :) Looks like water for me everytime we go out for the next billion years.

12/28/2005 12:39 AM  
Blogger Something McSomethingkins said...

Whenever you comment on your own post as opposed to writing a new one, you know you've waited too long to post something.

12/28/2005 1:05 PM  
Blogger frogkisser said...

Hey! I am working on it! I just have nothing important to say!

12/28/2005 2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home