Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Let It All Out

I didn't have to work today. My work has decided to have a manager on duty on the weekends, so I will be working one Saturday a month. That Saturday happens to be this Saturday, thus enabling me to take a day off during the week. In my mind, I had planned out a list of things to do. First on that list was to sleep in. Unfortunately, my body clock had other ideas. In waking up early, my mind thought that I could accomplish more. So, I showered, cleaned my room, the living room, and straightened up the kitchen. I was done with all that before ten. I turned on the TV and realized that What Not To Wear was on. I watched that and downloaded that last two episodes of Ugly Betty that I missed. After What Not To Wear, I hooked my iPod up to the tv and watched the episode that iTunes said was the first one. The whole time, I felt like I was coming in at half-time. I felt like I was missing a few things, but I trust iTunes. It was a good episode, so I was excited to watch the next one. I pressed play and soon realized that this was the one I should have watched first. I was very sad. Not only did I know exactly where it was going, I now have to wait til Thursday to find out where the first episode that I watched will take me. It was about 12:30 by this time and I couldn't think of anything else to do, so I decided to watch another movie. I put in In Her Shoes, and Duckling brought over Chinese and we watched it while she wrote her paper. After that was over, What I Like About You was on. Two episodes. So I watched that. Duckling and Pinkie left to turn in their papers, and I still couldn't think of anything to do so I scrolled through the channels. Spiderman 2 is on, and that brings me to the present time. I am writing this blog and watching Spiderman 2. I have spent the past hour before writing this blog looking on the internet for fun restaurants to visit for our Wednesday dinners. And, I found that the Living Traditions Festival (multi-cultural food festival) is May 18-20.
After this incredibly productive day, I realized that I shouldn't take days off during the week. I get way too bored. I have to start thinking of errands I could run. I could always go shopping.......
I just remembered that on my list of things to do was laundry, so I am off to do that.

4 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

I'm a firm believer that boring days off are the best days off. The great thing about having a day off is that you get a break from the busy working day you would normally have. I think a day off spent anywhere but in your pajamas in front of the tv is an insult even to the idea of a day off. Of course, not everyday should be a day off nor spent like one, which is the beauty of it all. A rare day off makes you appreciate them more. And a rare day spent in your pajamas in front of the tv is perfectly acceptable in my view. I'm just sayin.

5/01/2007 11:21 PM  
Blogger Heidi said...

Five Star Iris!!! Bring me my candy bar!!!

5/05/2007 4:40 PM  
Blogger fantastic funk said...

Today was my day off because I work on Saturday. I spent the day watching reruns of MASH and babysitting the kid. PJ's are the greatest, especially on laundry day!

p.s. count me in for the festival, let me know when you decide to go!

5/07/2007 11:20 PM  
Blogger Something McSomethingkins said...

I'll go with you both days.

5/11/2007 2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home