Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Best of 2006

Album
I really enjoyed Live At The Electric Factory by The Fray, but I think the winner in this category would have to be Oh! Gravity. by Switchfoot. I just got it a couple days ago, and already love it.
Concert
Unfortunately, I only went to about 4-5 concerts this year and 3 of them were Switchfoot. The best out of those would have to be the show I saw at the House of Blues in Vegas. That is such an awesome venue.
Song
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I will have to say Awakening from the new Switchfoot CD. Even if you are not a fan, check out this song. I absolutely love it. Honorable mentions go to Hands Open by Snow Patrol, Crystal Ball by Keane, and Hate Me and Into The Ocean by Blue October.
Returning TV Show
The Office. No competition.
New TV Show
I have gotten into Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip. Also, Psych is hilarious.
Worst Returning Show
Lost. I stopped watching after the second episode.
New Discovery
The Food Network. Alton Brown is my hero.
Guilty Pleasure
The Disney Channel (Phil of the Future, Hannah Montana, High School Musical....)
Movie
I can't quite decide in the category. There have been a lot of good and cute movies, but not that I can think of that deserve the title of "Best Of 2006." Feel free to comment with suggestions.
Worst Movie
The Benchwarmers, Step Up, and Stick It!

If anyone can think of any additional categories, let me know.

24 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

I loved Stranger Than Fiction... Though, you're right... I don't know if it's really best of 2006. Oh! How about The Prestige. That movie was pretty dang good too.

12/28/2006 2:42 PM  
Blogger Tickled Pink said...

The concert at the Canyons was by far the best concert of the year. It was a fun experience. I liked all three for three different reasons though. I would have to put Night At The Museum as one of the worst movies of the year. It bored me.

12/28/2006 3:33 PM  
Blogger frogkisser said...

I have not seen those movies. I need to.
The Canyons concert was freakin awesome. Having Augustana there made it even better. Speaking of, I might have to add their album, All The Stars And Boulevards to the list of best albums. Also, the re-release of The Everglow by Mae.

12/28/2006 8:51 PM  
Blogger Domestic Goddess said...

um i think that the holiday could be the best movie. i loved it!

12/29/2006 9:43 AM  
Blogger frogkisser said...

I liked the holiday also, but the best of the year?

12/29/2006 10:48 AM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

Ok, so maybe The Benchwarmers wasn't going to make the Best of '06, but it had some great one-liners! I mean they were amaz-a-zing! :D

12/29/2006 1:40 PM  
Blogger Tickled Pink said...

I liked the Holiday but it was not the best of 2006. Maybe the 2nd. It had a really good story.

12/30/2006 9:55 AM  
Blogger frogkisser said...

The Benchwarmers hurt my soul.

12/30/2006 12:33 PM  
Blogger Something McSomethingkins said...

I also loved Stranger than Fiction; of course, with a soundtrack by Spoon, it had to be good. And I really loved the Prestige. The presentation was excellent, and whenever you throw in David Bowie, I'm impressed.

12/31/2006 6:51 AM  
Blogger frogkisser said...

Man, I really need to get out and see more movies.

1/01/2007 11:46 AM  
Blogger fantastic funk said...

I haven't seen any of those movies, I think Cars was the last good movie I saw this year. Pathetic!

1/01/2007 2:05 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

Alton Brown huh?
I thought I was the only one who watches the food network.

1/02/2007 1:42 PM  
Blogger frogkisser said...

No. I am so addicted to that station. I am also in love with Geof the sous-chef from Ace of Cakes. High five? I don't play that jive.

1/02/2007 2:58 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

Well I need to stop watching the food network. Its making me gain weight. Maybe you need a category for best/worst new foods of the year.

1/03/2007 6:21 AM  
Blogger Angie said...

I think you need a category for best angie of the year...... who am i...tickled pink?....I was gonna say...just kidding...

1/03/2007 2:28 PM  
Blogger Tickled Pink said...

Travis...Dave...Josh...idiots...all of them...mostly just Dave...
ACE OF CAKES ROCKS!!!!
...so does bobby fway...I know it is flay and not fway by the way.

1/03/2007 3:17 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

Thats funny. Did you see the episode of bobby fway when he had his "girlfriend" cooking with him. hehehe

1/04/2007 6:57 AM  
Blogger frogkisser said...

I thought he was married...

1/04/2007 8:56 AM  
Blogger Mandy said...

hmmm It must have been an old episode..

1/04/2007 3:17 PM  
Blogger frogkisser said...

I think I may have figured out what the best movie of 2006 was. Little Miss Sunshine. Sarcasm is the refuge of losers.

1/06/2007 9:55 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

I keep wanting to see that one

1/09/2007 6:20 AM  
Blogger frogkisser said...

It is a little slow at first, but man alive is it funny.

1/09/2007 9:05 AM  
Blogger Tickled Pink said...

new blog time.

1/20/2007 10:44 AM  
Blogger Mandy said...

I agree

1/23/2007 6:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home