Monday, October 23, 2006

I will follow you into the dark

A few weeks ago, I had a lady at work pass away. It was very sad, but not unexpected. I went into work this morning to find out her husband had passed away over the weekend. They were both amazing people. They were so funny and had accomplished so much in their lives. The husband was an amazing piano player, with only nine fingers. He played the circuits in Vegas most of his life for all the greats. The building feels so empty without them. It seems a little more dreary. I think his death hit the other residents harder than any death before. Even though both of them will be missed, there is something so sweet about how quickly he followed her. I think that he truly died of a broken heart. A few of us at work were discussing this today. He has been sick for a while now, but his health was improving so much. We think he just lost all desire to continue on in life. Not to be morbid or insensitive, but that is just about the most romantic thing I have ever heard:)

5 Comments:

Blogger Tickled Pink said...

That's morbid

10/24/2006 10:35 AM  
Blogger Mandy said...

Awwww How sweet. I think that kind of thing happens too much for it to be called anything else.

10/25/2006 5:13 AM  
Blogger Something McSomethingkins said...

Anything else but insensitive.

10/25/2006 10:39 AM  
Blogger Mandy said...

I meant...anything else but romantic....never mind....

10/26/2006 6:18 AM  
Blogger Something McSomethingkins said...

Death Cab For Cutie. I'm in desperate need of chocolate lately. It keeps me from shooting myself.

10/30/2006 1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home