Friday, August 18, 2006

Dizzy

What a roller coaster of a week. I have had such highs and lows that I feel a little nauseated. Monday was a pretty good day, nothing spectacular. Tuesday wasn't so good. Wednesday started out bad, but then got good. Thursday started out good, but then got bad. On Wednesday work was pretty frustrating, but then I got to go to a meeting that was very affirming, then I went home and watched the finale of So You Think You Can Dance, and it was great! My cute little Benji totally won! Pinkie and I were beside ourselves with excitement:). Moving on to Thursday.... Work was pretty good, but then I went home. We ended up taking my dad to the ER (again) last night and Pinkie and I were there for what seemed like days, but it was mere hours. I think we were there about 4 or 5. And, it was 64 degrees in the waiting room. I could tell because there was a thermometer on the clock. I, luckily, had brought a sweater, but the Pinkie wasn't so fortunate. Even with my sweater, I was freezing! The hospital finally gave us some blankets that had been heated, so that was nice. But, the heat only lasted for a couple minutes, and then we were left with these wimpy little pieces of worn through cloth. Luckily we had control of the TV in the waiting room, so we watched some Friends, Simpsons, Seinfeld, Yes Dear, and finally The Carson Daly Show. He is a dork by the way. I had my ipod with me, but I hadn't charged it in a while, so it died after I had watched an episode of Psych. So, I was very grateful for the TV. Pinkie slept for about an hour in one of the chairs which was good because she had to go to work at 6 this morning. I didn't really sleep, but I didn't have to come in til 9. I think we got home a little before 2, so it wasn't too bad compared to the other times we have spent in hospital waiting rooms. We went because my dad was having some kind of allergic reaction to some medication. He was very puffy and he couldn't talk because of the swelling. They gave him some epinephrine, and that helped a little, but he was still very swollen. They finally admitted him because they found that he had pneumonia and some heart problems. I think. Nobody ever tells me anything.

5 Comments:

Blogger Tickled Pink said...

You had a bad week? My week tops it all. I really think this is the worst week of my life. Good thing it is over. If Benji did not win I would have lost it. Or just went to bed. One or the other.

8/18/2006 10:41 AM  
Blogger Something McSomethingkins said...

I think your problems stem from too little of me my friends:) That wedding wasn't bad though. So why the not so good of Tuesday?

Sorry about your dad. And his pneumonia. I hate pneumonia. I think I'm allergic to it. Maybe your dad is too.

8/18/2006 4:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, yes, at least Benji won. I was scared for a minute there that Travis would win (he's not bad). Did that host with her crooked nose and little dresses ever bug you? By the way, I thought Celine Dion's show was cancelled, but I guess not since she was on there giving him the prize.
Paige, what the heck is STY....CD??? What ever it was, I don't know about it!

8/19/2006 8:47 AM  
Blogger Something McSomethingkins said...

I think it stands for "So You Think You Can Dance."

8/20/2006 5:45 PM  
Blogger frogkisser said...

*Sniff* I am so proud.

8/20/2006 8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home