Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Daydream Believer

I get to ride in a parade this Saturday. My work has a carriage and for some reason, I need to pick one of my oldies to ride in it with me. The problem with this is that it has been about 7000 degrees lately, and I don't want one of my little old ladies to die of heat stroke, or melt right there on the spot. I might just take one of my friends instead. They could put on a grey wig, a mumu, and some bright red lipstick. Any takers?
This week has been pretty good. I finally got my raise in. I got about 3.00 more an hour, which is more than 6000 bucks a year. That is kinda cool:) Plus, I finally get a costco membership. I love that place. I am pretty excited for my next paycheck. For some reason, this pay period had 3 more days in it that usual, and I got about 15 hours of overtime. I figured it out, and I will be getting about 800 bucks more than my old paychecks. And, I get paid on my birthday:). I am going shopping..... My regular paychecks will be about 500 more, before taxes, which is nice:)
I think I am done gloating for now. Have a fantastic week!

11 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

I've been told I look pretty smokin' in a mumu.

6/28/2006 2:35 PM  
Blogger Domestic Goddess said...

Since i am old, i would volunteer, you may not even need to dress me up too muc, but alas i will be in montana, so that just won't work, unless it si the 4th. I will be back by then.

6/28/2006 3:09 PM  
Blogger Domestic Goddess said...

Oh and that is the monkees.

6/28/2006 3:10 PM  
Blogger Something McSomethingkins said...

The Monkees? What kind of a selection was that for your post? Shaw...I was totally thinking "Dream Weaver" though, or hearing it anyway. That was some pretty mean gloating there.

6/28/2006 3:27 PM  
Blogger frogkisser said...

You should totally come with me duckling!
DG: It is on Saturday, but if you are back by the 4th, and want something fun to do, give me a call:)
Somethingkins: You are on crack.

6/29/2006 8:30 AM  
Blogger Mandy said...

Awwww I think I missed it. You should come to costco with me now. Ive been craving costco pizza. mmmm

7/03/2006 5:04 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

Costco has the best pizza in the world! It's so scrumptious. I will actually eat that pizza without complaining at all which is unusual because I hate pizza. Anyway I DID come with you to that parade. It was the most fun and we totally rode in a "surry with the fringe on the top". It was awesome.

7/10/2006 9:55 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

Now I might just have to find an excuse to go to costco.

7/11/2006 5:03 AM  
Blogger Something McSomethingkins said...

This post is ancient. You could sell it as an antique on Ebay.

7/11/2006 1:10 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

Maybe we can sell it and your mom as a package deal? Two for one sort of thing. Tee hee

7/11/2006 9:03 PM  
Blogger Something McSomethingkins said...

Well, they're no Neil Diamond...:)

7/12/2006 11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home