Tuesday, May 30, 2006

And even when your hope is gone

I feel so totally and utterly pathetic. I got stood up for a date that I didn't even really want to go on. My dad gave my number to the son of a guy that he works with, and we have been talking for a couple days now. I haven't been able to go the past couple nights, so we planned on going out last night. But, he ended up having to take a friend to the ER because he fell while they were hiking, and it was too late for me by the time he got done. So, we talked for a couple hours and he told me he would call me today to set up a time for tonight. But, that call never came. It is kind of weird though because he has been calling me a lot over the past couple days. Oh well. It gave me an excuse to eat some ice cream:)
Another reason for eating my feelings was that my boss finally sold her house. She turned in her notice today, but the executive director didn't offer me the job right away as I had hoped he would. I guess he wants to make sure her that the house actually sells before he finds her replacement. So, I still will hopefully get it, but I don't have the assurance that I wish I had.

7 Comments:

Blogger Mandy said...

Hmmm... Whats up with boys these days, they don't know how to use phones unless their mom dials the number for them.
I hope you get the job, you are the best fit for it.

5/31/2006 9:22 AM  
Blogger frogkisser said...

He has been calling me like crazy though. It is just kinda weird.
I hope I get it also. I would be kinda upset if I don't:)
I am excited for all of us to be together this weekend!

5/31/2006 9:32 AM  
Blogger Mandy said...

Yeah i know! I'm excited too!!! So do you know what the schedule is for the week?

5/31/2006 3:07 PM  
Blogger Something McSomethingkins said...

He sounds questionable to the highest degree. I think you're guardian angel is looking out for you there.

5/31/2006 4:29 PM  
Blogger Something McSomethingkins said...

Has her house actually sold?

5/31/2006 5:02 PM  
Blogger frogkisser said...

Mandycane: I do not know what the schedule is. I do know that Jaren is coming in Saturday and leaving Wednesday, and we will be having a dinner on Sunday. I am sure we will be doing something Monday also.
Somethingkins: I agree about the guardian angel thing. It just wasn't meant to happen. And she has got the contracts and everything signed for her house, and the buyer has been pre-approved for the loan, but they don't find out til the 9th if it actually went through. But, it is pretty much in the bag.

6/01/2006 7:48 AM  
Blogger frogkisser said...

When will you be getting here Paully?

6/01/2006 10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home