Saturday, April 29, 2006

I am selfish, I am wrong, I am right, I swear I'm right, I swear I knew it all along

Pretty sure that I met my future husband the other night. He was a mighty good looking guy. We got to talking about some stuff, and the subject veered to music. My bubble was then burst. He doesn't know anything about "modern" music (e.g. anything newer that Beethoven) and has never been to a concert. Since this is such an important thing to me, I was about ready to give up. But, I had a thought. Can one be converted to "music snobbery" or is it an inherent quality you have to be born with? I think it is the first. I have only recently become addicted to different types and styles of music. And, I still have so much more to learn. There are soooo many bands out there that are just waiting to have a chance at my ear and I am willing to give them that chance. Maybe that is what it boils down to. Having the willingness to be converted. Or maybe that is just wishful thinking.

7 Comments:

Blogger Something McSomethingkins said...

Yeah, you have a lot to learn:)

4/29/2006 1:05 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

You are just so silly. You just need to decide whats better...the "eye" candy or the "ear" candy.

4/29/2006 7:33 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

Oh yeah and your song is Vindicated... woohoo I win!!!

4/29/2006 7:35 PM  
Blogger Domestic Goddess said...

Congrats on meeting the future husband. So when is the date? I am sure you can convert him. It won't be that hard, just use your magic. ;)

5/01/2006 4:06 PM  
Blogger frogkisser said...

Yeah. I gave up on him. It would have been too much work:). And I know that the song is Vindicated, but who sings it?
Magic D.G.? I was not aware that I possessed any.

5/02/2006 7:30 AM  
Blogger Something McSomethingkins said...

Dashboard Confessionals.

5/03/2006 5:46 AM  
Blogger Domestic Goddess said...

We all possess a little magic, it is just whether or not we know how to use it, by the way i am clueless when it comes to using mine.

5/03/2006 3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home