Monday, June 19, 2006

All I want is a room somewhere, far away from the cold night air

I realize that you can't really name the person who sings this song, so just name the musical. It is playing in the background right now at work. We are having a movie night right outside my door. Our old maintenance man brought in his big projector screen tv and we are having candy, drinks, and fresh popcorn. It is kinda cool.
Well, life is a little better now. I got the promotion that I was supposed to get, so that is good. There is still something kind of bugging me though, and I don't know what it is. I still feel a little unsettled, like there is something else I need to be doing. I am pretty sure that my job is right, and I am supposed to be living where I am living. I just feel like I am missing something and I wish I could figure out what. Maybe it is shoes. Maybe if I go buy a bunch of new shoes, that feeling would go away. I think that is a pretty good idea. Sadly, I can't afford to do that right now. My raise won't be showing up for another couple weeks on my paychecks, and I am working on paying off some bills with the money that I have. I am making some progress, but I am just completely broke all the time now. I hate it. Stupid debt. Soon though, I will have a lot less of it. Then, I can buy some shoes as my reward. I look forward to that day.

7 Comments:

Blogger Something McSomethingkins said...

I'm pretty sure it's me actually.

6/20/2006 4:54 PM  
Blogger Something McSomethingkins said...

That you're missing that is.

With one enourmous chair? My Fair Lady? What a great show that is. Do I get extra credit for knowing Marni Nixon sings it? Or at least the version you were listening to?

6/20/2006 5:01 PM  
Blogger frogkisser said...

I guess you do. At least for knowing that Audrey Hepburn wasn't singing. Faker.

6/21/2006 7:57 AM  
Blogger Heidi said...

I hate debt and being poor too:( I would like nothing more than to have endless amounts of money to spend on shoes!

6/21/2006 12:52 PM  
Blogger Domestic Goddess said...

Shoes make me happy. Congrats on the promotion. It is about time.

6/21/2006 4:11 PM  
Blogger Something McSomethingkins said...

Nice pic Goddess.

Yeah, I bought shoes this week online. I like shoes. The only thing I like shopping for actually.

And she wasn't faking per se. She actually sang it, they just thought it could be better and decided to dub it over with someone else. Poor girl. She sings in Funny Face though.

6/21/2006 7:47 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

I'll go shoe shopping with you!

6/22/2006 5:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home