Monday, August 14, 2006

You make me feel out of my element

What!? Two blogs in one day! What a treat for you guys out there! I don't want to hear anything from McSomethingkins for at least another month. I just have a lot on my mind today, and I need to release it a little. I have come to a decision. I am dropping out of school this semester. For the past couple weeks, especially the past few days, I have felt like I was drowning in all the things I have going on in my life. Now, I feel so much better! I guess I am not dropping out completely. I am staying in my night class, but I am dropping the other three. And the best part, I am totally ok with this. I was so excited to get back into school full time, but I just couldn't do it this semester. Working full time (while trying to train a new person) and trying to do my little side business is going to keep me way too busy. I know that it can be done, but I am going to wait to next semester to prove that. Whew. That feels better.

On another note, I need to learn to be confrontational. Mostly in the area of boys... I spent a couple hours talking to one the other day, and we totally connected. Even though I felt so comfortable with him, I still could not get up the courage to give the slightest inkling that I was interested! Why do I do this? Stupid defense mechanism. I blame it on the fact that I had only gotten about 5 hours of sleep in the past 60 hours. Looking back, I am pretty sure that I missed an opportunity to do something with him. I think he asked what my plans were for that night, and I said that I was going to sleep for a thousand hours. Stupid. After realizing this, I decided that I would rectify the situation the next day at church. To my dismay, he was not there. There were quite a few people who didn't seem to make it due to the Moab trip. I think that I blew my chance with this one. Blast and confound. What can I do so that this doesn't keep happening? I need to learn to open myself up a little more and not be so afraid of looking stupid and getting hurt. It is better to know that there is no chance in the beginning than to get my hopes up only to have them crushed at a later time, right? I just wish that I had the courage to follow my own plan. Maybe next time.

16 Comments:

Blogger Tickled Pink said...

I know exactly how you feel. Lets blame it on someone. That should make us feel better.

8/15/2006 8:21 AM  
Blogger Something McSomethingkins said...

You don't want to hear from me?:( That hurts. What exactly is your side business?

8/15/2006 10:21 AM  
Blogger frogkisser said...

TP: Blame what? Our inability to communicate with people? Hmmmmm.
SM: I always want to hear from you! Just not when you tell me that I have to write a new blog.

8/15/2006 1:40 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

I've never been to Moab. Ya know guys live in their own little world. Don't worry youll get another chance with him.

8/16/2006 7:17 AM  
Blogger frogkisser said...

Moab was really pretty. We should go down sometime.

8/16/2006 7:55 AM  
Blogger Something McSomethingkins said...

Oh, your side business. Right-o.

8/16/2006 8:22 AM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

Wait! . . . LOGAN?! When are you coming up to the Land of Happiness (mostly because I live here)?

8/16/2006 3:20 PM  
Blogger frogkisser said...

Sometime in September. I don't know when for sure....

8/16/2006 4:43 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

I think I'm the only one without a cute little picture by my comments. Logan is only a short drive for me. =) Sometimes we go there just to eat.

8/17/2006 5:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cracking the jar open just a little further could be a good thing for you with the boy department....but be yourself. And if its ment to be with this guy, you will see him again and let him know you were hoping you could hang out again. Go for it! Did you see who won So You Think You Can Dance yet? =)

8/17/2006 8:03 AM  
Blogger frogkisser said...

Mandycane: Neither Pinkie or Wendypendy have a picture. You are not alone. Did you know that your bro moved to St. George?
Wendy: I agree. I will work on getting that jar opened a little farther.... And I totally saw SYTYCD! I will be writing a blog about it shortly.

8/17/2006 8:45 AM  
Blogger Mandy said...

Huh? I thought he decided not to move. I need more details....Are we still gonna have a party this sunday? I was hoping lil munchkin could play with the other two boys.
I like wendys advice about crackin the jar, but being yourself. =)

8/17/2006 11:27 AM  
Blogger frogkisser said...

We thought the same thing. He called mom last night and told her that he was already in the process of moving. She was not happy.

8/17/2006 12:55 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

Oh boy! Yeah I bet she wasnt happy. why does he wait until last minute for things.

8/17/2006 1:50 PM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

. . . this dating advise is great, but I don't think I have a jar to crack . . . :-(

8/17/2006 9:12 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

I think they sell them at Target

8/18/2006 6:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home