Thursday, July 20, 2006

Waiting for the World to Change

As McSomethingkins has so kindly reminded me yet again, I am getting behind on this blog thing. It has really only been a week this time, so I don't know what she is whining about:). It just takes me a little longer to post, because as of yet I don't have the internet at home (it is supposed to be up and running today. Yea!) and I am so incredibly busy at work. I hardly have time to even check my email! And this week is going to be worse. I will be doing three people's jobs as opposed to the regular two. I am supposed to have had a full time assistant start last Monday, but who knows where she is. My boss knew her from a past job, so he wants her to be here (blah) but he is in Italy for the next week, and I don't know how to get a hold of her or anything. And, my part time assistant is in New York til next week. I am a little overloaded and stressed, but everything will be fine in the end.

So, there is this show that I am completely hooked on, and I am a little embarrassed about it. I made fun of it for a while, then I actually watched it and it is so much fun! I am a So You Think You Can Dance groupie. There, I said it. It is just a happy and upbeat show and I love it!

Random thought: Why is the word "blog" not in the spell check? This is a blog site, so you think that they might put in in. Hmmmm.

8 Comments:

Blogger Something McSomethingkins said...

Pretty pathetic FK; you're right to be embarassed:) I think we can get you the help you need though.

A week is a life-time for some spiders.

7/20/2006 7:43 PM  
Blogger Tickled Pink said...

I love so You Think You Can Dance. I am not embarrassed. It is a good show. Dancing is fun.

7/20/2006 8:07 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Ugh, I'll be embarrassed enough for the both of you. I've seen the show; I'm not impressed. It's the TV equivalent of the movie with special effects galore but no storyline. It looks "nice" and everything, but then the judges, or worse yet the hostess says something and the illusion of adequacy is shattered.

7/20/2006 9:38 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

I love it too. Maybe it's just bubblegum for my brain... but that show makes me smile, and I don't care what anyone else says, if it can get a smile out of me, it's a good show.

7/21/2006 7:14 AM  
Blogger frogkisser said...

Thank you Holly. I was so sad at last night's outcome though. As much as I was bugged by Dimitry sometimes, he was a ton better than Ryan. He has no personality! Oh well. As long as I still have adorable Benji and Travis:)

7/21/2006 8:30 AM  
Blogger Domestic Goddess said...

I too am a so you think you can dance junkie! I was a little shocked that dimitri went home last night and not ryan.

Oh our sad little guilty pleasures1 I started watching it to make fun of it, bit now i am hooked. sad.

7/21/2006 6:01 PM  
Blogger frogkisser said...

There are worse things in life I say! I was talking to a friend in my ward about it last night, and he got kind of mad at me because he thinks it is a completly immoral show! I said that there are so many worse things, and he sighed and said how the media has desensitized me. Maybe so.

7/21/2006 7:54 PM  
Blogger Something McSomethingkins said...

Such as Smutty ER?

I don't care how original an idea they go off of, reality shows seem too much the same for me to not get bored. The last thing I want to see is how talented other people are. Unless it benefits me personally:) Just kidding. But other than "Extreme Home Makeover," which is just nice, and I suppose "What Not To Wear," which sucks you in like a Dyson, I must say I like the British reality shows better, like "People Behaving Badly." It's always nice when you have horrible British families and very prim and proper old women who tell them just how horrible they are.

I guess I can't help but stop to watch a train wreck, and it's just as fascinating to see the improvements.

7/22/2006 11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home