Monday, February 05, 2007

Gearin' up for a social accident

Sometimes I wonder how I continue to function in this world. My social skills and abilities are rapidly decreasing. I have no idea how this happened! I used to be quite the little social butterfly. I thrived in large groups. I don't know if it is a side effect of getting older, or if it is a problem embedded in the deep layers of my mind, but group situations are defiantly not comfortable to me anymore. In fact, they scare me to death. I get so nervous that I can't form sentences or talk coherently. Even thinking about it gives me the hebbie jebbies. And, this social anxiety not only has an impact on me. I used to be the planner and could plan a party on a minute's notice. I was even going to go into event planning as a career. But now, I don't want to plan anything. All I want is to be with a few friends at a time. When I am in a group larger than four, I freeze up. It takes an enormous amount of effort for me to even be in groups larger that that, let alone function normally in one. However, when I get in smaller groups, I can't shut up. I think that all my conversation saves itself for those times.

9 Comments:

Blogger Mandy said...

Looks like Im rubbing off on you. I think we might be related.

2/06/2007 6:35 AM  
Blogger frogkisser said...

I didn't mean to publish this post yet. I wasn't finished. Give me a bit and it will be re-published:)

2/06/2007 9:16 AM  
Blogger frogkisser said...

meh. I decided that the post will stay how it is. I am too lazy to add anything:)

2/06/2007 9:23 AM  
Blogger Something McSomethingkins said...

Hmmmnn...interesting. I seem to find myself in exactly the opposite situation. Or the same situation, only I started at the opposite end and went backwards. Perhaps I stole it from you.

2/08/2007 5:07 AM  
Blogger frogkisser said...

I didn't want to say anything, but I am pretty sure that you and pinkie took my spunk.

2/08/2007 12:45 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Spunk is overrated. It went out of style with it's greatest supporter Punky Bruster (I have no idea how the last name is spelled). What's in now is overinflated arrogance. I have some extra that I'd be willing to part with for a nominal fee. Think about it.

2/10/2007 11:56 AM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Btw I commented on your previous post too.

2/10/2007 12:04 PM  
Blogger Something McSomethingkins said...

I think it's Brewster, but I can't be sure. By the way, write a new post already.

2/18/2007 3:14 PM  
Blogger Something McSomethingkins said...

Maybe your social skills and abilities would increase if you posted more often.

3/06/2007 8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home