Saturday, June 11, 2005

Fondue....Mmmmmm

Fondue should be illegal. It isn't fair for something to be that good. The other foods are jealous! Seriously though. It is my favorite food of all time. I guess it isn't really so much a food, as a style of cooking...... but, regardless, I love it! I think I might have found Nirvana earlier this evening. I went to a glorious eating establishment called The Melting Pot. I have been there before, but I don't think I remembered how good it was. It is a fondue restaurant. They have various different styles of cheese and chocolate fondue. They also have meat fondue for the main course and salads. I don't know why people waste their time on the meat. And salads? I mean come on! I could even live without the chocolate fondue. I know I could be tarred and feathered by every women who has ever lived for saying that, but it is true. The cheese is where it is all at. I think cheese is the best thing to come from cows (and other barnyard animals). Cheese just might be the best food ever. The sharper the better. Mmmmmm. I am getting hungry just thinking about it. Some ladies want boxes of chocolate and roses. I would so much rather just have a brick of Gruyere cheese. Or if you want to get really fancy, ungrated Parmesan. Or Feta. I love Feta. Or maybe some myzithra. Cream cheese, string cheese, cottage cheese, it really doesn't make any difference! I just found the coolest website: www.cheese.com. You can search cheeses by name, country, texture, or milk type. I highly recommend it!

3 Comments:

Blogger Heidi said...

I can't believe you guys went there without me. Although Hubby's cousin taught us how to make an amazing cheese and equally scrumptious chocolate fondue and it's way cheaper than the Melting Pot. So there:)

6/13/2005 9:05 AM  
Blogger frogkisser said...

Sorry. It was for someone's b-day. I also enjoy making fondue on my own. I have three pots....

6/13/2005 10:14 AM  
Blogger fantastic funk said...

Hi, just wanted to comment, but I don't really have anything to say! The Melting Pot is a really cool place...tasty! We should have another fondu party one of these days, perhaps our next girl's night...or Vauhndu (spelling?) you know what I mean:p

6/13/2005 11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home