Monday, August 15, 2005

All The Lonely People, Where Do They All Belong?

I made a breakthrough about ten minutes ago. I realized that it isn't my responsibility to make everyone happy. Not everyone always has to like me. There will be times that people will get upset, mad, and/or hurt. I cannot always prevent this. I cannot provide for every single person's needs. I try really hard to be the "mom" to all my friends. I don't know why. It only gets me into trouble when things don't pan out how they are supposed to. So, I resign. I love all my friends dearly, but I cannot keep this up. It takes far too much energy. I am going to be working full time and going to school starting next week. And as much as I love and enjoy my job, it is taxing enough on my emotions and strength to really have much energy for anything else. Consider this my official notice of resignation. I am sure that hanging out will still happen. Maybe even more! I think part of this might be the resurgence of Elder Oaks talk a couple months ago. I hadn't thought of it for a while, and it seemed to have been brought up extensively yesterday in church. And, also, I have become somewhat of a social-phobe. Big groups wear me out, and are really starting to scare me. This is all very weird to me, but I am trying to work through it. However, I am really starting to like the one on one thing with my friends. It is so much easier to handle.
So, there you have it. I just need a breather for a bit. Thanks for all that you do for me! I really do appreciate all my friends. You guys have to put up with sooooo much from me, but I really do need this break. Just be patient. Bat Paige will return some day.

2 Comments:

Blogger fantastic funk said...

I miss batpaige! I don't think any of us are quite what we were then...
I just wanted to let you know that I am sorry for the way I acted, and I hope you know I love you.

p.s. we don't need a mom, I don't even remember where that started...we just need you!:)

8/18/2005 9:59 AM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Take the time you need. I think there comes a time, or several times, in our lives when we need to work out something in our own head our or our own life. I've been there more than enough times myself. Just make sure to come up for air every once in a while.

8/18/2005 12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home