Friday, July 08, 2005

Paige and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Week

Has anyone ever heard that song by R.E.M. called Bad Day? I think I am going to write one called Bad Week. Why is it that before something happens that you are really looking forward to, all the bad stuff has to happen? I am going to Disneyland next week, and I am really excited to have a much needed vacation. But, I have been so stressed out this week with so many different aspects of my life, that I almost wish that I could still take a week off, but just stay home in bed. Or find a cave somewhere. A nice cool cave stocked with lots of cheese. There really hasn't even been anything out of the ordinary happen to make me grumpy. I think it is just a lot of little things culminating into one gigantic mess. And today has been the worst. For anyone who knows me at all, you know that I try not to get emotional. I never cry in front of people. Today, I just could not control myself. I went to a goodbye dinner for my friend/co-worker who is leaving the company, and I could barely make it to my car before I burst into tears. And, I want his job, so I don't know why I was so sad. Before that, I found out that one of my favorite residents had a massive stroke and was currently comatose in the hospital. Also, there was the major stress of having to deal with updating my resume, and having a hard interview. And there were so many other things that just added onto the depression that I was feeling. I was really looking forward to coming home, getting in bed, and sleeping for 12 hours. But, here it is, 11:30 pm, and I am still awake. My mind just keeps dwelling on all these things that I have no control over, but that are currently ruling my existence. And then I get more angry at myself, because I hate doing that. I hate wallowing in self-pity. And then I get mad for getting angry. It is just a vicious cycle that I cannot seem to pull out of. But, I know that things will work out. I know that I will be happy again. I just need to give it time. I need to recharge my batteries very badly. And, next week should be an ideal time to do that. Maybe while I am sitting by the beach, riding splash mountain, or seeing Johnny Depp on the Tonight Show.

2 Comments:

Blogger fantastic funk said...

My dear friend, I feel your pain. It's ok to wallow for a moment, maybe even a day, but then you declair the day (or week) rediculous and you move on! The sun will come out tomorrow, and in a couple of days you will be in Sunny California! As jealous as I am that I can't go with you, and as much as I will miss you, I'm glad you and the others can go and get away from life for a while! Hang in there...Love ya!

7/09/2005 11:15 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

Who IS this Murphy? :) I hope you're enjoying the sun. I know I wish I was...

7/13/2005 6:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home