Monday, June 20, 2005

Changing my mind...

I think I might have to retract my last blog about people dying. I had three of my residents pass away last night, and I am really depressed. I don't think my job has ever been this hard for me. I believe that this makes 7 people this month. And it has been harder for me than I want to admit. I think that I try to pretend like it is easy so that it isn't more difficult for me to handle. I don't know if that really makes any sense. I just get to know these people so well. They become like grandparents to me. I know most of them better than I ever knew my own grandparents. At least I know that they are happier now. The fact that they are with their spouses and families makes it a lot easier. But, it is still hard for us here on Earth. That is who we mourn for. We don't feel sorry for those who have left us. We feel sorry for those of us who now have to live without them.

2 Comments:

Blogger fantastic funk said...

It's so true my friend. Losing someone you love and care for is a difficult thing...I guess in a way it's our own selfishness that makes us hurt so much when they are gone. Knowing they are happier doesn't do a whole lot to ease our own pain in missing them. So besides allowing denial to set in, how do we cope?

6/20/2005 9:43 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

I think that is precisely why I have always felt like you are a stronger person than I am. I've never lost anyone I loved that much... and I'm pretty sure that's exactly why I would be terrified to do what you do every day. So, who's the sadder? The girl who shies away from contact with amazing people so she'll never have to lose them? Or the girl who talks with them and loves them and comes to see them as an important part of her life? I think you're pretty blessed and pretty amazing to have that ability Paigey, even though it is rough sometimes. Hope things improve!

6/23/2005 8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home