Sunday, July 24, 2005

Pioneer Day

Today is one of my favorite holidays of the year. I love the 24th of July. I love remembering the Pioneers and all that they went through to get us here in the Salt Lake Valley. Thinking about their trials makes my life seem a lot less hard. I am amazed at the strength that the early members of this church had. I don't know if I could be as stalwart as they were. I know that we have different kinds of trials nowadays, but they seem so much less difficult than what the Pioneers went through. Being willing to leave my house and comforts to trek across a vast expanse of nothingness to go to a place that neither I nor my leader has ever been is something that I cannot comprehend. I can only hope that I have a fraction of the faith that they had.

2 Comments:

Blogger Aaron said...

So this comment belongs with the previous entry but this way it still gets read...Anyway, you may recall that you do have at least one friend who periodically, even frequently, breaks out into song. Sigh...even when I discourage it.

7/26/2005 9:40 PM  
Blogger frogkisser said...

That is very true. And he always has a good dance to go with it.

7/26/2005 10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home