Friday, August 19, 2005

The River Of Dreams

So, I wear earplugs in my sleep. It is a habit that I picked up when I was younger cause my dad is a heavy snorer, and my room was right next to his room. A couple months ago, I had a dream that I was eating marshmallows and I woke up to find my earplug being chewed on by me..... Sometimes, my earplugs fall out in my sleep, and I look for them when I awake. More often than not, I cannot find them. I hope that is because they fall under the bed and that I am not swallowing them. That would be super-de-duper gross.
I have a metaphor here for all you girls. I have been sleeping at a friend's house the last couple nights and last night, some of my guy friends came over. After they left, I went into the bathroom to find the seat up, and the toilet unflushed. I made my sister the CNA come in and flush it, cause she is used to that kinda thing. This lovely experience got me thinking. I think that we can relate this lack of flushing to inability to see the obvious. How often do we look into life's "toilet bowls" only to find that there is still "residue" from their last use? And even though it may be hard, and kinda gross, we (or our sisters....) have to flush it out of their systems. Mostly this problem is from apparent stupidity. Why can't men see what is staring them right in the face? Like something as obvious as flushing the toilet! Come on! This should be a habit by now, but no! Let's just hope that the hands get washed.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guys are just like toilets! Round, smooth, and full of..... Well, you get the idea.

8/19/2005 1:14 AM  
Blogger Aaron said...

No need to make broad sweeping generalizations here. Admittedly as a guy I am annoyed by the reputation men have in general for this sort of crude behavior. Seriously though, we're not all like that.

8/21/2005 3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Before I got married, I thought that just like women, men would be careful not to make loud noises while using public facilities. My husband says that guys make all kinds of noise and it just doesn't matter to them. We are all human and I think that girls should just let loose!

8/21/2005 4:56 PM  
Blogger frogkisser said...

I didn't mean this literally. It is totally a metaphor!:)

8/21/2005 7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home