Sunday, October 16, 2005

The Last Laugh Of the Laughter

Anybody a fan of British rock? You have to be to get this song!:) I finally got the CD it is on yesterday, and I am so happy!
*Rant*- Have you ever met people who refuse to be happy? Even more, they seem to purposely do stuff that they know will make themselves miserable? I have a hard time being sympathetic. All I feel is pity.
Moving on. I saw a weird movie this weekend, Elizabethtown. Even now, I have not decided if I like it or not. The directorial approach was interesting, but I had a hard time staying focused on the story. I am not sure if it was the movie's fault, or if I was just distracted. I will admit that I did cry within the first 15 minutes. The whole premise of the movie is based around the fact that the main character's father dies. I couldn't handle that. I have never been hypersensitive about death, but lately, I am finding myself more and more emotional. I watched Big Fish last week and cried and cried. I had three of my residents pass away this week. And after the many close-to death and death experiences that my family has had in the past year, I guess it is just wearing on me. I am finding myself crying in movies (and tv shows, sad I know) a lot more lately. Anyway, back to the movie...... I just don't know whether to recommend it or not! Maybe wait til it comes out on video. Especially if you are not a Kirsten Dunst fan, like me.

14 Comments:

Blogger Aaron said...

Isn't Big Fish great? I really enjoy it. I have to admit I think the Spiderman movies could be improved by simply replacing Kirsten Dunst. I don't what it is exactly but she gets on my nerves.

p.s. You might want to add the word it to your description after Wouldn't. That way it says "Wouldn't it be more fun..." rather than "Wouldn't be more fun..."

10/17/2005 6:41 AM  
Blogger frogkisser said...

Thanks for the correction:)!
We might head down to Happy Valley this week. Let me know if you will be around!:)

10/17/2005 8:25 AM  
Blogger Heidi said...

Kirsten Dunst sucks rocks. I agree with brekkjern. She's totally replaceable and everything she's in would be much better:)

I'm pretty sure those lyrics are by Travis.

10/17/2005 8:57 AM  
Blogger frogkisser said...

Wahoo!!! You got Travis!:)
I didn't mind her in Little Women, but that is because the character was a little girl that whined all the time.....

10/17/2005 9:35 AM  
Blogger Aaron said...

As far as I know I'll be down here this weekend, but then again it is Monday. Any specific plans down here?

10/17/2005 11:31 AM  
Blogger frogkisser said...

Nah. Just kinda need a change of scenery.

10/17/2005 2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved that movie. I agree with the Kirsten Dunst thing though. I can't stand her, but she didn't change my opinion about the movie in anyway. I loved it. I also cried within the first fifteen minutes...and then fifteen minutes after that...ok, I bawled the whole time. You are not pathetic until you cry during Chase Bank commercials like I do. Sad, I know.

10/17/2005 9:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since everybody is correcting grammar, I will go ahead and correct mine. It should be any (space) way. Thanks. :)

10/17/2005 9:59 PM  
Blogger frogkisser said...

The Halloween Fairies strike again!:)

10/18/2005 7:35 AM  
Blogger Mantis said...

Elizabeth town was AWFUL. Wow. If I had paid for the movie, I would have felt ripped-off. But as is, I wasted 2 hours of my life...and I'll NEVER get them back. So many lovely ideas and images in that movie - horribly thrown together with Elmer's glue (that didn't quite dry). Yuck. What a mess!

10/18/2005 12:17 PM  
Blogger frogkisser said...

I didn't dislike it THAT much. I kinda found the unorganized feel to be intriguing, but I am still not sure if I liked the movie in general or not!:)

10/18/2005 12:30 PM  
Blogger Domestic Goddess said...

I cry at chase bank comercial's too. The one with the wedding... it gets me every freaking time.

10/19/2005 3:10 PM  
Blogger frogkisser said...

I don't actually think I have ever seen a Chase Bank commercial. I always fast forward through the commercials now. Ahhhh, the joys of tivo.

10/19/2005 4:27 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I have to say that I was thoroughly confused for a while when I saw the movie Elizabethtown, I mean, there is some seriously weird junk in there. But as I sat there I found myself laughing at parts no one else seemed to enjoy as I did and I found by the end of it all I wasn't entirely sure of how I felt about it either. I did leave wishing I was more like Kirsten Dunst's character though. I am not a huge fan of her either, but she did well with this charactor I think. All in all I give it two thumbs up.

10/19/2005 9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home