Thursday, September 15, 2005

Behind These Hazel Eyes

Don't make fun of me for this song. This singer is one of my guilty pleasures in my life as a music snob. And I think that this is my theme song for the week:)
Can I just say that I am officially way sick of the Emergency Room? I spent about 6 hours at the hospital last night, most of which was in the waiting room in the ER. I think that I have found my calling in life. To design chairs that are more easy to sit and wait in. You think that the decorators of hospitals would have the comfort of people in mind when they are putting these rooms of pain and discomfort together. But no. They know that most people are there for long periods of time due to the fact that triage in the ER isn't highly effective. They know that family members of people who are sick enough to need the ER are going to be waiting there for hours on end. Why can't they put in some recliners or even a couch or two. Is that too much to ask?:) I don't think so.
I guess I might need to tell you the reason why I was at the ER. I was in a horrific car accident and broke both my legs. And an arm. And my nose. Wait..... that isn't true. My dad is kind of sick right now, and in the ICU. Unfortunately, last night when he was originally brought to the ER, that hospital didn't have any ICU rooms open, so my mom waited with him to be transferred by ambulance to another hospital. My sister and I waited for them for three hours to arrive at the second hospital. Apparently, the first hospital was not very organized and couldn't get them out sooner. Whatever. I hate the first hospital. The staff there is rude and uncaring. And that is not a biased opinion. It is a fact. He was supposed to be out of the ICU by now, but the problem that he has is not as easy to find and treat as they first thought. Hopefully he will be in a regular room by this weekend!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey frog kisser....found any frogs to kiss lately??? ribbit! Well, hospitals do suck. I totally agree with you on the way they design the places!They should atleast have cable to watch instead of the "health network" that are in all the waiting rooms. Good luck with your dad, and get some sleep!!!

9/15/2005 7:44 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Um okay so I am being lazy and all but here is our new number in Happy Valley: 788-4500. We are using a broadband phone company so you may or may not need the 801, not sure myself. Having had some experience with hospitals lately I have to say the Huntsman Cancer has very nice chairs and a patio with a beautiful view. By and large though, hospitals really are rather unconfortable on the whole. Wow, most of that was useless babble.

9/15/2005 8:12 PM  
Blogger frogkisser said...

Thanks for the number. I will have to head down there sometime soon. I just wish gas wasn't so darn expensive.

9/16/2005 10:09 AM  
Blogger Heidi said...

Sorry about your dad, that totally sucks. Personally, I don't think the beds in hospitals are all that comfy either. I guess nothing in hospitals is very comfortable.

And I like Kelly Clarkson too and it's about time there was a song about us hazel eyed people. Enough of this blue and brown eyed stuff!

9/16/2005 11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just made the connection of what this song is...Kelly Clarksons! Well, you are some what of a hypocrite because you don't like songs that are on the radio too much, and her songs are constantly on. I always thought you had no room for her kind of music in your disney life! HA! Good for you! Love her!

9/21/2005 5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home