Sunday, January 27, 2008

Apathetic Way To Be

I am currently suffering from ennui. I am not depressed or sad or anything like that, I just feel melancholy. And I am bored, oh, so bored. I miss having a large group of friends. Don't get me wrong, I am very content with my small circle, but I have been feeling lonely the past few weeks. It is mostly my fault as I don't make very much effort to change this state of being, but the ennui is prohibiting any effort that I would make.

Work has been hard so far this year. I have been feeling overwhelmed and under-appreciated. Every month, our company does random surveying of five families, and this months' were bad. A few family members ripped into my department for stupid reasons (one being that we didn't have a wii for the residents yet) and it hit harder than usual for some reason. I give my all to my job, and it just doesn't seem like it is enough. I even feel like my staff is disappointed in me. And, people keep dying! I know that this is normal for my job, especially this time of year, but it is hard to not be affected by it. Hopefully all this work stuff and ennui is just the January blahs, and therefore will only last for one more week.

School started a few weeks ago. I am only taking two classes, and one of them is snowboarding. It is a pretty fun class, and I am basically getting one on one instruction so I am learning a lot. But, this last week, I fell hard on my first run of the day and bruised my tailbone. I have not been able to sit comfortably since!:(

3 Comments:

Blogger Something McSomethingkins said...

Work is hard for me as well, mostly because of the high stress involved with my particular section, the high sample volume, and the low work volume done by the morning crew. I'm holding up a sinking ship with just one other person, and he was out sick all last week. Hang in there camper, cuz we like you very much. We need to plan something again soon, I just don't know when because work and school are currently teaming up to give me a roundhouse kick in the head. But sometime.

To answer your text I forgot to answer, I think it's anyone's guess how long it will take for that kind of infliction to heal:)

1/31/2008 5:47 PM  
Blogger Paige said...

Haha. I am up in Salt Lake on Thursday nights, if you want to get dinner on one of your off weeks.

2/02/2008 9:57 AM  
Blogger Jan said...

Paigie Dear!! I didn't know that you had a blog! Apparently neither do you anymore since you posted this in January and it's currently June, lol :) I'm sorry that January seemed to stink for you - hopefully things are going better for you now (you, too, Melissa!). I really do want to get together sometime! i bought a new house! We should have a party :) Email me!

6/19/2008 9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home